Associate Professor, Graduate School of Economics, Osaka University, Osaka, Japan
International Trade; Economic Geography
- Do Vertical Spillovers Differ by Investors’ Productivity? Theory and Evidence from Vietnam , with Bin Ni, Review of Development Economics, 2020. OPEN ACCESS . [WP]; [SSRN].
- Production Location of Multinational Firms under Transfer Pricing: The Impact of the Arm's Length Principle , with Hirofumi Okoshi, International Tax and Public Finance, 26(4), 2019, 835-871. [WP]; [SSRN]; [Slides].
- Market Size in Globalization, with Toshihiro Okubo, Journal of International Economics, 111, 2018, 34-60. [WP]; [SSRN]; [Slides].
- Lobbying and Tax competition in an Oligopolistic Industry: A Reverse Home Market Effect, Spatial Economic Analysis, 13(3), 2018, 276-295. [WP]; [SSRN]; [Slides]. ERRATUM: on p.6, the inequality of the second term in Eq. (7) is positive (>0), not negative (<0).
- The Importance of Government Commitment in Attracting Firms: A Dynamic Analysis of Tax Competition in an Agglomeration Economy, European Economic Review, 74(C), 2015, 57-78. [SSRN]; [Slides]. ERRATUM: on p.65, in the 6th paragraph, ``k is small enough for the denominator to always be negative (not positive).''
- Production Dynamics in Multi-Product Firms' Exporting, with Hayakawa, K., Matsuura, T., and Mukunoki, H., Feb, 2020.
- Does It Matter Where You Invest? The Impact of FDI on Domestic Job Creation and Destruction, with Yang Liu and Bin Ni, Feb, 2020. [Japanese non-technical summary]
- Is Environmental Tax Harmonization Desirable in Global Value Chains?, with Cheng Haitao and Ayako Obashi , May 2020. [SSRN]
- Economic Integration and Agglomeration of Multinational Production with Transfer Pricing, with Hirofumi Okoshi, June 2019. [SSRN]
- The Impact of a Natural Disaster on Foreign Direct Investment and Vertical Linkages, with Toshihiro Okubo, June 2017. [SSRN]
Work in Progress
- Under construction.
- Comments on "Competition Effects and Industrial Productivity: Lessons from Japanese Industry" by Masahito Ambashi, Asian Economic Papers, 16(3), 2017, 253-255.
Presentations at International Conferences
- 2019: International Institute of Public Finance@U of Glasgow; Asia Pacific Trade Seminars@U. of Tokyo; Australasian Trade Workshop@RMIT U; ERIA Microdata Project@Westin Hotel, Bali
- 2018: International Institute of Public Finance@U. of Tampere; Industrial Organization and Spatial Economics@Higher School of Economics, St. Petersburg; Australasian Trade Workshop@U. of Auckland
- 2017: International Symposium of Urban Economics and Public Economics@Osaka U; Asia Pacific Trade Seminars@Foreign Trade U, Hanoi; China Meeting of the Econometric Society@Wuhan U
My profile at Google Scholar; IDEAS; SSRN.
Last updated: 2020/02/20